Wat Jedyod is one of Chiang Rai’s newest temples. The name means ‘seven peaks‘ and alludes to the seven chedi’s on the roof of the square structure behind the main temple (ubosot).
The chedi is directly behind the main temple / ubosot and there is a short tunnel that opens into the base. At the end of the tunnel is an alter featuring a reclining Buddha.
Construction commenced in 1844, and its design is supposedly inspired by an older temple bearing the same name, but located 200 kms south in Chiang Mai. The ubosot in was only consecrated in 1944, and its painted doors are quite unusual, as is the red and silver paintwork inside.